When the M and B Railroad was built, an interdenominational chapel, no longer used, was bought and moved several miles up the railroad to a community of five families where land for the church had been bought. November 2, 1897, this church was constituted with nineteen members. Rev. J. L. Lewis was the first pastor. Sunday school began in 1898. The first building, a one-room frame, was replaced by the brick building dedicated December 19, 1954, by Bishop Arthur Moore. Early on, this church was on the Knoxville Circuit, then the Bibb Circuit as well as head of the Lizella Circuit. In 1975, it became a station.
In 1976, the church received the Town and Country Award. In 1977, the church had its first Chrismon tree in the sanctuary. In the late 1980s, an older adult group formed called the XYZ Club (Extra Years of Zest), the UMM started an annual Valentine party, church membership was increased through a "Celebration of Friendship Service" and a church van purchased. In 1986, a new parsonage was purchased and the old parsonage converted for use for children's classes and women's activities. In March 1988, stained glass windows were dedicated. During 1997, the church formed new Sunday school classes, had coffee fellowship, known as "The Gathering Time," on Sunday mornings, a line dance class, active youth groups, UMW, UMM, the XYZ Club, and Boy Scouts. In August 1997, the Family Life Center, containing a kitchen, Sunday school rooms, and nursery, was dedicated. In November 1997, the church observed its 100th Anniversary. In November 2006, the parsonage was struck by lightning with no injuries and rebuilt. Vacation Bible School welcomed seventy-four children and youth in 2010.