When Bryant F. Lane deeded three acres for this church, December 10, 1830, with Benjamin Dickson, Josiah Dickson, James Long, Perry McGee, and Henry Vincent as trustees, a Methodist meeting house and graveyard already existed, for they were oriented in the deed. In 1919, this church was on the Knoxville Circuit and was spelled "Dickson." The other churches were Bethel, Knoxville, and Macedonia. In 1939, a tornado destroyed the building; so the new church was rebuilt facing the road using the timber that could be salvaged. Later this was brick veneered and an additional wing added in 1976.