2020 Virtual Annual Conference Session: Read wrap-up articles, watch archived AC session & worship services

Forest Hills UMC - North Central


History

In 1963, the Macon District Board of Missions and Church Extension explored the need for a new Methodist Church in the Forest Hill-Glen Cove area of North Macon. Rev. D. G. Mann conducted the survey and a steering committee set to work. With help from the Kingdom Builders Fund, a parsonage on six acres of a former dairy farm was purchased. Rev. William O. Powell was assigned as pastor. Services were held in the Science Lecture Hall at Wesleyan College. The church was constituted September 8, 1963, with 87 members and Rev. George Zorn, Macon District Superintendent, presiding. A fellowship hall was the first building erected. In 1977, a new parsonage was purchased, and, in 1979, the classroom wing was added. The single adult class was organized in 1980 and the kitchen enlarged in 1982. A new Allen organ was purchased in 1984 and a grand piano for the sanctuary was purchased in 1987. The family emphasis in all of this church's activities led to church-sponsored family camps. As the membership grew, the buildings expanded as organizations for church’s needs spiraled.

 

Location

1217 Forest Hill Road
Macon GA 31210

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.