Park Memorial UMC - North Central


History

This section of Macon was known as Holton Community in 1890 when Captain R.E. Park built this brick church as a memorial to his wife, Ella Holt Park. It cost five thousand dollars when it was built and was paid for when it was dedicated June 7, 1890, with Rev. William Park of Sandersville preaching the special sermon. Rev. Park was Captain Park's brother. It was on the Bibb Circuit in 1919, with Rev. J.N. Hudson as pastor. The other churches were Ebenezer, Doles, Wilma, and Lizella.

 

Location

5290 Arkwright Road
Macon GA 31210

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.