The village of Vineville was settled by wealthy planters a short distance from Macon. In January 1846, this church was organized. Rev. William J. Sasnett was the pastor and by the end of the year, the church had ninety-nine members. Vineville is the oldest church begun by members of Mulberry. As the parsonage was built first, services were probably held there while the church was being built. It was a wooden building, almost square, of severe architecture with a porch across the front and steps extending the length of the porch. There were four, almost square, windows to each side. In 1878, this building was so badly in need of repair that only Sunday school continued to be held. In 1897, the new building was ready. The old building had been moved to the back of the lot, later sold to the African American Church, which tore it down and rebuilt it on the Ocmulgee only to have a flood wash it away - the bell tolling as the building rode downstream. In 1923, the 1897 building was remodeled for Sunday school and the present sanctuary built in front. The Centennial program of 1945 resulted in a remodeling of the sanctuary and the building of a Centennial building.
During 1957, the church helped organized a new church, Riverside UMC. In 1998, a large construction project, which included a Christian Life Center, was completed. In 2005, the South Georgia Conference designated Vineville UMC a Conference Historic Site. The dedication was held in February 2006 as the church celebrated its one hundred sixtieth anniversary. In 2012, members of the church participated in "Pleasantville Neighbors," a home renovation outreach ministry.