In 1847, the Fort Valley Circuit was formed. This circuit was composed of fourteen churches which included the Asbury and Flint River congregations. These two churches eventually became the Marshallville Church. In 1850, the Flint River congregation moved to Marshallville, GA and changed its name to Marshallville. Then, the Asbury Church disbanded and most of their members joined the Marshallville MECS. A frame building was constructed where the parsonage is now located. The church had a center aisle and men sat on one side while women sat on the other. In 1878, Marshallville Church burned to the ground and the next church was built, similar to the first. The women sat on the east side and the men on the west but, gradually, this seating arrangement changed and the men and women sat together. In 1893, Marshallville became a station church with Rev. J. W. Simmons as pastor. Under Rev. E. Davenport in 1909, plans were made and construction completed for a new church structure. The building was completed under Rev. J. J. Ansley's pastorate. It was dedicated by Rev. James E. Dickey, who later became Bishop Dickey, on August 2, 1914. The former church was sold, moved to a farm and used for a peach-packing house.
Under Rev. C. E. Mean’s leadership and the financial support of Essie Black, the church was renovated, adding a fellowship hall with kitchen and restrooms. Mrs. Emma Frederick donated a Hammond organ, chimes and an address system in memory of her sister, Ida Frederick. The Hammond organ was replaced in 1982, with an Allen organ given by Hubert Darley in memory of his parents, Rev. and Mrs. T. W. Darley, and his sister, Susie Darley.