When the Reynolds Methodist Church was first organized, Reynolds was a very small village with few people living there. It wasn't able to support a pastor all of the time so a minister from Fort Valley would come over once a month to hold services in a little schoolhouse. The first Quarterly Conference for which minutes are available was held in 1892. Mr. Henry Long gave the block that is known as the Park to the town with a part to be used by the Methodists and part by the Baptists to build churches. A wooden building was constructed about 1891, and, when it was decided to build a brick church, this wooden building was moved back in the park so that the new sanctuary could be built on the original site. There was a great revival held in which Rev. Arthur J. Moore, a 27-year-old minister from Blackshear, preached and many people joined the church. When the new sanctuary was ready for use, the original church was torn down. The new and present building was dedicated in 1936. In 1957, the church school department was extensively remodeled.
As of 2015, the church has had roof repairs done and painting of the interior. Although Bible School and other youth activities have been discontinued, the church is still active in Mission giving to the Heifer Project, the Methodist Home, and other missions.