This church was organized first as a Congregational Christ Church by Rev. S. E. Basett on February 7, 1886, with fifty members. Rev. William H. Graham was assigned as pastor. This church belonged to the Georgia Congregational Conference until the 1940s. In 1944, the membership transferred to the South Georgia Conference of the Methodist Church. In 1945, Rev. T. H. Tinsley became the pastor of the new church which was on the Roberta Circuit
. In 1961, a new building was finished.