There was only one church in the village of old Wellston, the fore-runner of Warner Robins. This Methodist Church was organized at the turn of the century. A sanctuary was built on Watson Boulevard near the railroad. By 1930, the membership had dwindled and the building had fallen into disrepair. It was decided to consolidate the Wellston and Bonaire churches and use the Bonaire church for services. The Wellston building was sold to the Primitive Baptists. There was no church building in Wellston at this time, but Sunday school and preaching services were held in the community building.
In August 1941, the Wellston Church was reorganized by Rev. Gordon King, pastor of the Elko Circuit. The first trustees were F. W. Carter, M. C. Jacobs, and L. S. Hayes. Rev. King sent two students, Rev. Ernest Seckinger and Rev. N. F. Champion, as pastors. In 1942, Rev. Champion served as the first regular pastor for a year while studying at Mercer. In November 1943, the Wellston Church became the Warner Robins church. Rev. W. V. Dibble was sent as pastor. Services were held in the community house until a sanctuary and educational unit was ready
. The land was purchased from the McKeon Corporation
. A contractor's building and part of Warner Robins Air Force Base were purchased and moved to the site on Davis Drive. The building was remodeled and used as a Sunday school and church building. Under Rev. Roy Sampley, a chapel from Camp Wheeler in Macon was obtained and used as a sanctuary. During Rev. W. E. Dennis's pastorate, the sanctuary was completed and a parsonage built. The church sponsored the first Boy Scout troop in Warner Robins in 1946.
At the close of WWII, membership declined, but Bishop Arthur J. Moore appointed Rev. George E. Clary, Jr. as pastor and five hundred fifty-three members joined during his first three years. In 1950, a weekly kindergarten was organized under the direction of Mrs. Fred Mueller. The tenth anniversary was celebrated in August 1951, with Rev. Gordon King preaching. In 1955, this church helped organize a mission church in the northern part of the city known as Northview. Fifty charter members came from Warner Robins FUMC. In 1960, another mission church, Trinity Methodist church, was started on the east side of town with the membership coming from Warner Robins FUMC.
Under Rev. Carlton Carruth's pastorate, long-range planning was completed and the first construction saw a social hall being built followed by a new sanctuary in the late 1960s. In the 1970s, a third parsonage was acquired and another for associate pastors. Warner Robins continued to grow and a third church was organized on the south side called Christ Methodist Church. With the efforts of an associate pastor, Rev. Rick Bonfim, the first services were televised through local programming. In 1980, more property was acquired, a Moeller pipe organ purchased, and chancel area enlarged. Fourteen stained glass windows were installed in 1994, along with the south wall of the sanctuary.