Beginning with the survey of this area to determine the people's religious affiliation, a two-week tent revival was led by Rev. Bill Kelly. On March 18, 1956, the church was organized and met in Lindsey Elementary School until the first unit was ready. The ground was broken February 10, 1957, and on August 18, 1957, the first services were held in the unfinished building
. Mrs. J.O. Jacobs gave the land for this church. When the church was constituted on April 1, 1956, there were 69 members. Rev. A.E. "Gus" Jordan, a student at Candler School of Theology, was the first pastor. Debt-free, the church plant and parsonage were dedicated by Bishop William R. Cannon, September 30, 1979. The church celebrated its silver anniversary in 1981. At that time there were active youth groups, including Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops, UMW, UMM, a choir, and Sunday school.