In 1900, the Harvey and Roughton families donated a building lot for Tabernacle Church and Cemetery eight miles west of Sandersville. A church was built on the site between the present church and the present school house. In 1914, Mr. Willis Evans bought the old church, moved it onto his property and remodeled it for a dwelling house. The same year, a new Tabernacle church was constructed and it is the building that stands today. The pastor in 1914 was Rev. J. Nelson Jones. After several years, an annex was added for the Sunday school. In 1937, the community school burned and a new school building was constructed at the left of the church. In 1939, when the school consolidated with Sandersville School, the former school building was then used by the church for additional Sunday school space. In 1963, the church was bricked and a steeple was added.