The original Piney Mount Church in Washington County, a little log cabin that sat near Mr. W. B. Smith's fish pond, was organized about 1848. The oldest records of the church were burned in 1865, by Sherman's army. The present church building was built in 1858. In 1918, the left wing was added to the building. In 1948, Sunday school rooms were added and new pews bought. In 1969, an extension was added to the main church auditorium which allowed three extra pews on each side, a vestibule, and porch.