Named for the nearby creek, this church was organized in 1875. The first church was a small log building. The first pastor was Rev. J.W. Flanders. Lumber for the second building was hauled from town on two wheeled carts. In 1939, Sunday School rooms were added. Later improvements included a deep well, gas heating, a piano, an organ and new pulpit furniture. In 1968, the church was brick-veneered and more Sunday School rooms added. Music was always a joyful addition to the life of this church. In 1933, the Sunday School supported a singing school for the community. They enrolled 40 pupils who paid fifty cents each. For two weeks, a schedule like public school was held in the one-room church, the pupils bringing their lunches. A Mr. Peavy from Jesup taught the notes, rote singing, and a chorus.
In 1955 the parsonage was completed. A Methodist Men's club was organized in the late 1950's. Five classrooms across the back of the annex were remodeled in 1975 and a public address system was installed in the sanctuary. The church also celebrated its Centennial year in 1975.