In 1902, eight people organized the Methodist church in a Baptist church which was used until a new church could be built. The land was conveyed by H. L. Cowart to Rev. Thomas Williams by deed, dated January 29, 1902. Rev. Williams then conveyed this property to the following trustees on March 25, 1902: M. P. Warren, E. M. Fuller, C. H. Moore, W. W. Godbee, and Mrs. F. E. Morris. Rev. Thomas Williams of the Quince (Cobbtown) Circuit preached. The first frame building was built with lumber donated by Luda Walling. The first Sunday School Superintendent was Mr. Joe Rogers. In 1950, extensive repairs were made to the church. In 1956-1957, a new two-story educational building was constructed. In 1964-1965, the sanctuary was remodeled. Collins has been on the same charge with Cobbtown (Quince) since it began. It has been in the Dublin, Savannah, and Statesboro Districts.