In 1892, Mr. Joseph Collins of Glennville gave two lots of land for the construction of a Methodist church and parsonage. Shortly thereafter, Mr. James O'Neill Easterling, with help from a farm laborer named Mr. Columbus Grice, built the first Methodist Church. This structure, today's sanctuary, was the entire church of 1892, its lumber having been furnished by Mr. Grice. Twenty-four members joined with Rev. E. A. Sanders as their official pastor. Under the leadership of Rev. J. O. Stanaland, in 1932, the church was brick veneered. In 1959, under Rev. E.G. Hutchings, the parsonage was moved from the adjoining lot. In this space, Mrs. Carrie Griffin, daughter of Mr. James Easterling, broke ground on what became classrooms, a kitchen, and social hall. In 1968, Mrs. Jim Dubberly, the youngest daughter of Mr. James Easterling, sold the property to the church for the south driveway and parking lot.
In 1980, the sanctuary was remodeled with new chandeliers, exposed beams, new altar furniture, sound system, and organ and stained glass windows added. A new steeple and chimes were given in memory of Mr. Willis Mann Howard, Jr. in 1982. The kitchen was remodeled in 1990 with new cabinets, stove, and microwave included.