There is no available record of the organization of this church but we do know that it was one of a number of congregations known as the Springhead Circuit and that the name was Andrew's Chapel for at least forty years. Thomas Elkins granted a tract of land to Andrew's Chapel Congregation in 1844. In 1848, the lots on which the present church building now stands were acquired. A house of worship was built and later the present structure was erected. Many improvements have been made including the pulpit, annex, and beautiful steel ceiling. In 1886, the Guyton Charge was formed with Andrew Chapel, Union, and Alpha. In 1888, Andrew Chapel was made a station and the name changed to Guyton Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The Sunday school rooms were added in 1926. Mr. A. E. Bird served this church for forty-two years as Trustee, Steward, and Sunday school Superintendent. The parsonage was built as the District Parsonage in approximately 1884.