This church was organized from the Dasher Campground in 1884 and was named for Bishop Marvin of the MECS
. It was a wooden building situated on land donated by Benjamin Hill Clifton. The first pastor was Rev. Jessie L. Giles. Charter members include Dr. Robert M. Sharpe, Frances R. Clifton, Caroline Smith, Oakie Smith, Susan A. Davis, Mary J. Sharpe, Henry Mann, Frances E. Smith, Sara M. Clifton, W. E. Mattox, Dorcas Mann, Joseph H. Webber and J. S. Lanier. The present church building was completed in 1953. It is a white frame structure with a four-columned porch.