Officially organized in 1902, by Rev. C. W. Littlejohn, the pastor from Rochelle, with 49 members, this church actually began in 1896, when a group of 25 Methodists began services in their homes. Records show that they paid the preacher $17.50 the first quarter, $5.25 the second, $2.75 the third, and $0 the fourth. They paid the preacher $6.90 for 1898 and $1.25 for 1899. After the new influx of persons from North Georgia, services were held in an old unpainted schoolhouse. The seats were long school desks made of slats. In 1904, the first building was erected on land given by W. B. Greeson, an owner of the land and a cotton gin. By 1929, the church was declared unfit for worship, and by 1930 a brick building with classrooms and a flat roof over the foyer for a steeple was built. In 1956, a social hall annex was built. In 1964, it was renovated and the steeple added for homecoming. As none of the complexes had been dedicated, the pastor, Rev. John Carroll, and Dr. Ross Freeman held the service on November 30, 1964.
In the 1950s Woman’s Society of Christian Service and MYF were organized. Since 1964 central heat/air was installed, a Baldwin piano and organ purchased, and new carpet and pew cushions for the sanctuary installed. The church library was dedicated to Lorraine E. Braziel in 1980. During the early 1980s, a puppet ministry was begun and softball and basketball church teams organized. In 1986 the church became a station. The Church was named Family Life Church of the Year for the South Georgia Conference in 1990. In June 2010 Pitts UMC was moved to the Wenona/Pitts Charge. In June 2011 Pitts UMC was moved to the Rochelle/Pitts Charge.