This church was organized under a brush arbor in 1880. The first building was on Highway 301, but it was torn down and the church moved to its present location. This church was part of the Coastal District, North Georgia Conference until June 1972, when it became part of the South Georgia Conference. It was in the Statesboro District with Rev. D.L. Rooks as pastor and C.C. Edmundson as District Superintendent.