This church was organized in 1862, and was part of the Savannah Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church and then of the Georgia Conference of the Methodist Church after 1940. In 1972, when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference, this church was part of the King Solomon Charge with King Solomon and Pinkney Chapel. It became a part of the Waycross District of the South Georgia Conference. The original building was torn down and the present building built during the pastorate of Rev. George Washington. While Rev. David Rooks was the pastor, a kitchen was added to the educational wing and carpet and a piano added to the sanctuary.