This church originated from the Prospect Methodist Church in Chamblee, Georgia when a number of the charter members had been enrolled prior to moving to South Georgia in 1907
. The location is four and one-half miles east of Sycamore. The first building was made of wood and built in 1908. In 1925, this sanctuary was destroyed by wind. Sunday church service was held in the nearby Bethel school building. The second church was completed and sealed in 1938, under the leadership of Rev. E. J. Nottingham. The trustees bought two acres of land for church and cemetery purposes and the church still owns this land, which is known as the Prospect Cemetery. This church was first put on the Tifton mission with Rev. C. E. Dell appointed by the Cordele District and J. A. Harman as presiding elder. In 1909, Prospect Methodist Church was transferred to the Sycamore Methodist Charge and A. B. Walls was the pastor. The Sycamore Charge was moved from the Cordele District to the Valdosta District.
There has been a Sunday school at Prospect since its organization. In 1959, an educational building was added with six classrooms, two restrooms, kitchen and social hall. In 1969, Mrs. Grady Sconyers was given permission to rebuild the parsonage in memory of her husband. This work was completed and dedicated in November 1969. George A. Metcalf was elected as the first Sunday school superintendent. The first Woman's Society of Christian Service was founded in 1933, with Mrs. F. C. Myers as president.