In 1892 in a private, home, fifteen people organized this church. The first pastor was Rev. S. H. Jordan. A wooden building was built in 1892 and served until the present building was erected in 1977. This church is an A-frame building with split chancel, stained glass window and a large cross over the altar. Two sessions of the Georgia Conference of The Methodist Church met at this church in 1940 and 1948. In 1972 when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference, this church was placed on the Statesboro Circuit in the Statesboro District. The other churches on the charge were Charlestown, Goloid, and Springhead. Rev. James White was assigned as pastor and Rev. C. C. Edmundson was the district superintendent. In 1975, member Essie C. Simmons was ordained into ministry.
During the 1980's a church sign was erected and a $3,500 grant from the Ethnic Minority Local Task Force was received for the Youth Ministry. In 1988, the church was the first United Methodist Black Church to host a District Conference in the South Georgia Annual Conference. In 2000 the Brannen Chapel Male Chorus was organized and debuted on Father's Day. In June 2003 the church became a station church. In 2005 the church consecrated the Parsonage with Bishop Mike Watson preaching at the ceremony.