Rev. R. M. Booth was the first pastor of this church, organized in 1875, with seven members. When the membership reached 25, a wooden building was started next to the school. After windstorms twice blew down the partially finished church, they decided that God didn't like that location and stopped the building. Services were held in the courthouse until the present building, on the current site, was finished in 1892. It is red brick, of Gothic style, with a gray wood facade in front. The interior is enhanced by handcrafted rafters, beams, and pews. In its beginning this church was a mission with the preacher coming on horseback from Pineview. One preacher even walked when his horse dropped dead enroute to the church.