This church was probably organized and served many years in Indian Territory, later Montgomery County, in a log cabin building near Joiner Creek about a mile from the present site. Sometime in the early 1890's, the congregation moved to another log structure about one-half mile from the present structure and worshipped there for about five years. The two acres for the new site was deeded by Mr. W. Henry Clark and Sara E. Bulfouer Clark, his wife, to the Methodist Episcopal Church South on October 2, 1899, and recorded on October 4, 1899, by G. L. Adams, Clerk, Montgomery County. The trustees were Mr. Henry Jack Clark, Mr. John Thomas Clark and Mr. Elkanah Harrelson. The timber was given by Mr. J. B. Purvis who had it cut, sawed, dressed and hauled it to church building site and helped build the church house.
For years, this church was not heated but then a wood burning heater was used. Recently, gas heaters were installed.