In the early 1900s, in a tent near Smith's pond, the Union church was organized. It was decided to call the church Union because of the mixture of Methodist and Baptists in the congregation. The first pastor was Rev. Hank Stevens. In 1911 or 1912, the tent was demolished in a storm, so services were held in the Deloach school nearby. In 1919, the church was built in the present location. In 1959, the old church was moved to one side and used for a fellowship hall and Sunday school rooms. The present brick church stands on the exact same spot as the original church. In 1965, a brick fellowship hall was built. On October 7, 2012, there was a dedication service for the church furnishings and the stained glass windows.