The one-room church building was known to be standing on May 15, 1847. The land was given by John Meades and Frederick Wells to the trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church at Harmony. Sometime before 1913, the Harmony Church building was moved from the Brier Creek location to a site which is now on Federal Highway Number 301, about ten miles north of Sylvania. The building was renovated and Sunday school rooms, a kitchen, and bathrooms were added. A school building, Harmony School, was built across the street from the church. In 1959, Limerick L. Odom gave a plot of land in front of the church to the trustees, in memory of his young son who died.