Covid-19 Update from the Bishop & Cabinet: Watching carefully the rise in COVID infection rates

Sardis UMC (Sardis-Ellis Chapel Charge) - Northeast


History

The original name of Sardis UMC was St. Mark’s Methodist Church. In 1901, 36 members of the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church started St. Mark's nearer Sardis so that they would not have to travel as far. Rev. A. H. Bazemore was assigned to Mt. Zion, which was close enough to help start this church. In 1919, the Minutes list St. Mark's as on the Lawtonville Circuit with Habersham, Lawtonville, and Ellis Chapel with Rev. J. C. Griner as pastor. In 1923, the movement to relocate the church in Sardis was successful and the church named changed to Sardis. 

 

Location

1120 Girard Avenue
Sardis GA 30456

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Administrative Office

3040 Riverside Dr., Suite A-2 - Macon, GA 31210

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.