This church was first organized in 1830, in a brush arbor and was originally part of the Tallahassee District. Rev. Isaac Boring was the first pastor. In 1832, a wooden building was erected at a location two miles west of the present site. During the early 1870s, a fire destroyed the original building along with the academy at the same location, and the church became inactive. In 1904, Rev. Walsteen McCord held a tent revival near Mule Creek School and reorganized the church. Church services were held in the Mule Creek School until 1906, at which time one acre of land was given to the church by the Hodges family and the present building was constructed. Mr. Carter Johnson built the church with funds and lumber contributed by the local citizenry. In 1947, the church became part of the Thomasville District. In 1960, an educational building was built. In December 1996, the church had a Christmas program, "The Gift of Christmas," which was attended by community churches.