Methodist activity in this area began at Mt. Zion Campground in Lowndes County, near Brooks, in 1928, as an annual camp meeting. When this began, the Indians had just moved leaving their tent pole and mortar in which they mixed their sofkas scattered over the campus. In 1831, the land was deeded to the church and a building was constructed after a fire destroyed the brush arbor. The annual camp meeting continued until 1881 when the present church was organized
. In 1881, it was on the Morven Circuit, Thomasville District, with Concord, Pine Grove, Bethlehem, Tallokas, Wesley Chapel and Lebanon. In 1919, Rev. T. F. Drake was pastor of Concord, Union, Mt. Zion and Morven. In 1940, it had the same churches but Barney was added. In 1968, Concord was not on a charge but the others have been the Morven Charge ever since.