This church was organized by Rev. Robert P. Fain, one of the five district evangelists for the conference. It was July 1909, and they met in the schoolhouse. This church was one of the seven Rev. Fain was reported as organizing during the year. Rev. W.T. Belvin was the first pastor sent by the conference to serve the Sumner Circuit on which Damascus was a new mission. In 1914, in a two-week revival preached by Rev. F.A. Ratcliff, sixty-three members were added to the Damascus church. In 1915, the newly created Tifton Mission had six churches: Chula, Damascus, Mt. Calvary, Bethel, Wright's Chapel, and Harding. In 1919, the circuit, with the exception of Wright's Chapel, was the same churches. Since 1948, Damascus has been on the Poulan Circuit until 1983, when the Sumner Circuit was formed. The church celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009.