This church was the second established in Appling County. The little log building was used for some time as a schoolhouse as well as a church. Old records show that in 1870, 56 infants were baptized. The present building, the third sanctuary, was constructed in 1897. The pews were built in Macon, shipped to Graham and hauled to the church in wagons. In 1918, S. W. Snead was the pastor on the Graham Circuit, where Zoar was assigned. In 1940, Zoar was on the Baxley Circuit, Waycross District, and Rev. J. G. Godfrey was the pastor with Rev. F. M. Gaines as the District Superintendent.