When this church was organized it was in Pierce County, the deed for the land was January 8, 1890. The first building was of wood structure, a simple one-room country church, but it is here that the young railroad man, turned preacher, delivered his first sermon. Bishop Arthur Moore returned several times to preach in this site of his first sermon. That church burned in 1967. The present building is a brick veneer, the basic building having been moved from Waycross after the fire.