This church had its beginning in February 1920, the fourth Sunday afternoon, when Rev. J. E. Sampley held the first service in the home of J. G. Fowler. Once a month the fourth Sunday afternoon services were held in the Fowler home. The first revival was held in a tent pitched at Humphrey Cemetery; it lasted ten days and at the end, Midway was organized with twenty-seven members. Mr. W. J. Fowler gave an acre of land for a church, but the services continued in the J. G. Fowler home until a few days before the Third Quarterly Conference of the Soperton Circuit, which met at Midway on June 17, 1921, when members and friends built a brush arbor. A Sunday school with one hundred six members was organized on June 26, 1921, with Rev. W. S. Wainwright as pastor. In July, logs were cut and hauled to the sawmill by members and lumber was soon on the lot. By October 1, 1921, the building was completed except for the ceiling and painting. In 1982 the church was on the Soperton Charge.