The oldest Methodist Church in Glascock County, the original church was built by Bicky English. This church was discontinued about 1861, and the timbers moved to Gibson. Soon thereafter, a Bethel church was established in the Hardin Settlement. The present building was built in 1900 and, in 1940, there were four other churches on the Stapleton Circuit with Rev. J. W. Cranshaw as pastor.