In 1940, some members of Coke's Chapel formed Friendship Church to be closer to their homes. For several years, it met in homes. Rev. L. W. Walker, pastor of Louisville, was the first pastor. In 1940, Coke's Chapel with Green's Cut were on the Burke County Circuit, Savannah District. By 1943, this church was on the charge with Louisville, Vidette, Oak Grove and Clark's Chapel, Dublin District. In 1968, Vidette Circuit had four churches: Friendship, Vidette, Clark's Chapel and Green's Cut.