When some members of Simpson Church found that Simpson was too far from their homes, they organized St. Andrew. They first met under a tree and then a brush arbor. When they outgrew the brush arbor, they build a larger arbor with logs rolled in for seats. A log cabin was followed by a small wooden building in 1904. In 1970, the present brick-veneered church was built consisting of a sanctuary, social hall, kitchen, classrooms, office, and pastor's study. In 1972, when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference, this church became part of the Statesboro District with Rev. Raymond King as pastor.