Leet's Chapel merged with Oak Grove in 1998.
Oak Grove started under a brush arbor in 1876 and organized in a home with five members
. The first pastor was Rev. E.D. Giddens. The first building was completed in 1919, near Millhaven, Georgia. That building is still being used. In 1978, it was painted, and new heating, lights, and furniture have been added. In 1977, the Leet's Chapel-Oak Grove Charge changed the name of their charge to Simmons Circuit in honor of their pastor, Rev. Essie Simmons. This church had been placed on the Leet's Chapel-Oak Grove Charge in 1972 when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference and the South Georgia Conference merged
In 1976, the church was hooked up to electricity for the first time. During the late 1970s and early 1980s, the church was painted on the outside for the first time, pews and a piano were purchased, and a Fellowship Hall built. In March 1998, a new sanctuary building was dedicated by Dr. Charles Adams, District Superintendent. During the early 2000s, Bible Study resumed, a UMM was organized, and a Children Church began
. In October 2006, the church celebrated its 130th anniversary. At that time Rev. Kenneth W. Griffin was the pastor, Sunday school met and church services were on the first and third Sundays. There was an active Bible Study and choir.
Leet’s Chapel started in the early 1800s and was organized in a home. Later land was given for a building to be used as a church and school. The first church was called Old Mt. Zion. In 1892, a wooden building was erected. The lumber from the first church and an old house were used in this building. About 1912, the church was moved to Hilltonia and renamed Leet's Chapel. This building has been renovated with lights and windows changed and a small social hall added. In the early 1980s, a new entrance and steeple were added. In 1972, when the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference and the South Georgia Conference merged this church was placed in the Statesboro District and the charge was called Leet's Chapel-Oak Grove Charge. Rev. Miss Essie Simmons was the pastor and Rev. C. C. Edmundson District Superintendent. In 1974, Nan Williams Memorial was added to this charge.