This church was organized on November 26, 1886, by Sarah Myers, Prince Wiggins, Aaron Hill, Jackson K. Sheffield, Joe E. Alexander, Lemiel D. Smith, George Foster, Charles T. Perry, Lenon Stafford, and James Lewis. Worship services were held under a grapevine in Prince Wiggins's yard. When the weather was inclement, services were held in Emanuel Methodist Church. An acre of land was sold by Sarah Myers for the church on October 21, 1887. The original building was built but later destroyed by a fire. A second building was constructed and this sanctuary was used until 1990. In 1986, New Hope UMC celebrated its 100th anniversary. It was at this celebration, that the decision was made to construct a new building. On Easter Sunday, 1990, the members marched from the old building to the new building singing "We Are Climbing Jacob's Ladder." Rev. J. Collins presided over the service and Rev. Tom Johnson, District Superintendent, preached. On March 19, 1994, the Nahunta Charge purchased a parsonage in the Brookman Community.