This church, organized in 1867, in a brush arbor, is located in Burke County out from Waynesboro and is among the oldest black congregations with Methodist roots. In its beginning, it had twenty members and Rev. Bell was the first pastor. In 1891, a wooden building was built. The present building, built in 1896, has "colored glass windows," a brick foundation, and steps. For years, camp meetings were held in October each year and families and members camped at the church for a week or more attending services day and night. In June 1972, the Coastal District of the North Georgia Conference merged with the South Georgia Conference. This church was placed in the Statesboro District on the Waynesboro Circuit with Haven Memorial, Munnerlyn, and Nan Williams Memorial. In 1974, Nan Williams was placed with Leet's Chapel in this same district.
In July 1974, the South Georgia Leadership Development Team composed of teens did a work mission project at this church.