Organized in 1860, in a brush arbor, this congregation built its first log structure that same year on land given by Ezekiel DuBose. The church was first called DuBose Church in honor of the donor. The first pastor was Rev. J. T. Lowe. From 1860 to 1885, the Methodists shared the building with the newly formed Baptist Church. In 1896, the congregation chose a site nearer the center of the community on land donated by Mr. Ellias Harper and named it Centerville because it was in the center of the community. During 1896-1898, Ben Johnson, Dick Mock, John Hatcher and others in the area erected the present building. Built of wood sawed in the area, the church has floor joists and ceiling trusses made of whole pine logs. In 1976, a new social hall was added and the original building was given vinyl siding and new windows. The church has been a member of both the Jakin and Early County Circuits and was formerly in the Americus District.