Hopewell UMC (Faceville Charge) - Southwest


History

The first record we have of this church organization is in the Quarterly Conference minutes dated May 2, 1892, with Rev. C. B. Ames presiding. It was originally established by a schoolhouse on the property of Mr. William Mitchell in the Florida Conference, Tallahassee District, Concord Charge. The first complete church roll was recorded in 1893 and contains the early settlers in this community. The present church stands on property given by James Mitchell in 1903 and was built by the members. It is of Dutch, gothic, colonial design with large windows on either side. Immediately behind the church and connected by a breezeway is the new church school annex built in 1946, and dedicated by Rev. Weyman R. Cleveland, then pastor of the Faceville Charge.

 

Location

1131 Drane Smith Road
Bainbridge GA 39819

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.