First called Bradford's Meeting House after its first pastor, Rev. Joseph J. Bradford, this church was organized in 1857. It is the oldest Methodist church in Mitchell County. It met in homes and brush arbors for ten years until a log church was built in 1867. The present church was built in 1883-1884, under the supervision of Mr. Joseph J. Bradford and his son Nat and is located on the Hawthorne Trail blazed in 1814, by William Hawthorne. In the late 1950s, a benefactor, Lawrence J. Montgomery, gave a generous endowment for the upkeep of the church and cemetery which has made possible many improvements and additions. Two additional rooms were created while the Sunday school room was enlarged with a kitchen and restrooms added. The windows were replaced, ceiling replaced, hardwood floors added, and a new pulpit, furniture, and pews bought. In 1959, when the Hawthorne Trail was paved and named Georgia Route 112, the road changed from the west side of the church to the east side. This necessitated a change inside the building as well and so the pulpit was moved from the east end to the west end, a center entrance was created, funds raised, and a Sunday school room added. On the 110th anniversary of establishment, the youth of the church erected a historical marker commemorating the church. The members of the class included Don Arline, Jerri Arline, Tim Davis, John Jiminez and John Wilson. Mrs. F. C. Davis, Jr. taught the class. The church has previously been part of the Meigs-Ochlocknee, West Bainbridge, Sale City and Baconton Charges.