The land now used for the church was donated by Moses W. Johnson and the earliest organized group to meet as a church on this site held their services in the log schoolhouse. Funds for the early building were solicited by many individuals including the late Billy Gray who collected as he traveled in his turpentine work over South Georgia and North Florida, is eager to have a church building near the graves of his recently buried children
. This church was used for fifty years when a campaign was started for the present brick building. Under the pastorate of Rev. G. W. Bates and the leadership of the Building Committee including Byron Johnson, Everett Murray, Isaac Whigham, George Howell, Lamar Barer and George Smith, the new sanctuary was completed and the first sermon was preached by Rev. Bates on March 7, 1954. The sanctuary was dedicated on April 24, 1955, with Rev. J. B. Smith, District Superintendent, attending. A steeple was added in the late 1950s, and, in August 1970, it was decided that a social hall was needed. The male members constructed the building and the ladies prepared food for the workers. The building began in the spring of 1971, with U. S. Johnson as a supervisor and each Saturday was a workday. The social hall was completed by the fall of that year. Bishop J. O. Smith officiated the dedication in March 1972. In July 1975, a new roof was installed on the church, the labor again being provided by the members of the congregation. An endowment fund was started in 1979, for the upkeep of the cemetery which belongs to the church.