The exact date of organization for this church is unknown. It first appears in the Conference records in 1906, on a charge with Colquitt, which Rev. E. M. Overby was appointed to serve. In 1912, it became head of the Damascus Circuit. The first building, which was sited on a block with the Baptist Church and the Methodist parsonage between, burned. The fire also destroyed the parsonage and Baptist church. The churches were rebuilt, but the parsonage was not. The church holds services on the first and third Sunday of the month. A UMW group was organized in 1989.