With nine devoted people, the Davisboro Church was chartered in 1884 under the direction of Rev. J. M. Loyett. The people had been having Sunday school since 1882. In June of 1884, the Woman’s Missionary Society began. The first building was erected in 1886 on land donated by Dr. A. T. Cheatham. The present brick building was built in 1926-1927. The building had complete electric lights and extensive stained glass windows. In 1982, these windows were repaired and covered with a protective shield. The church, located in Washington County, celebrated its 100th
anniversary August 15, 1982.