On March 17, 1934, the State Board of Education deeded this property, the Ben Clark school building and three acres, to D.C. Yancey, who deeded it to the church on September 15, 1937. This church had been organized in the school building in 1929, with thirty charter members; Rev. J.O. Stanaland was pastor of the Rhine Circuit and Rev. J.N. Peacock was presiding elder of the McRae District. In 1930, it became part of the Americus District. During the 1930s, under Rev. W. A. Huckabee the church had Sunday school and two weekly prayer services.