The name, "Liberty Hill" was chosen by Mrs. A.W. Winslett, Sr. who, with her husband, organized this church in a log cabin in 1885. The first pastor was Rev. D.F. Miles. By 1890, a one-room wooden building was up; the present one was built in 1918. A devastating tornado did extensive damage in 1936, but restoration was begun immediately. In its early years, this church was on the Rochelle Circuit as it is five miles east of Rochelle.
The church has a cemetery dating back to the early 1900s. In 1996, a Fellowship Hall was built and dedicated by Bishop Looney in August 1997. Since 1981, the church has had two female pastors, Leigh Ann Raynor and Debbie Cone. In July 1988, the church celebrated its Centennial. Between 1988 and 1997, vinyl siding and a metal roof were put on the church. A Social Hall was built in 1997. During the early 2000s, ceiling fans were installed, repairs made to the sanctuary roof, and steps and iron handrails installed at the Social Hall. The church celebrated its 125th Anniversary in October 2013. A steeple, made by Gene Brown, was erected February 2014. Stained glass windows were installed in the church foyer in 2015.