Organized in 1850, this church was part of the Ellaville Circuit along with Andrew Chapel, Hopewell, and Lacross. According to church records, Rev. John W. Reynolds was the first pastor to serve. The early frame building was replaced by a concrete block building in 1961. During Rev. C. E. Croft's pastorate, the former building was torn down and a new one built on the same site in 1961. In 1981, carpeting and central heat and air conditioning were added.