In this town in Steward County, three white, clapboard churches and a school stand in a row. Only the Baptist and Methodist churches are still used, and the school is now the community center. This church, name for Bishop Enoch Marvin, was built in 1899. A grant from the Conference Board of Church Extension for $100 indicates that it would soon be opened and free of debt
. The land the church was built on is covered by a Warranty Deed dated December 6, 1899. In 1919, it was on the Cusseta Circuit with Liberty Hill, Harmony, and Cusseta with Rev. J. C. Saville was the pastor. At this time, it was listed under the name "Louvale." It has been on the Lumpkin and Omaha Circuits in the past.