Wesley UMC (Howard Charge) - Northwest


History

The roots of the Wesley Church extend back to 1897, when Stephen Bazemore, a good Baptist, organized a Sunday school in the schoolhouse. Brother Bazemore continued as Superintendent of the Sunday school until the new church was complete. In August 1900, Brother R. N. Wesley, pastor of the Butler Methodist Circuit, organized a new church that was to become known as Wesley UMC. At first, there was only an evening service, meeting in the schoolhouse located across the street from the present church building. The sanctuary was built in 1904, by the members of the church. Charter members of the church were drawn from the Howard and Carsonville churches. 

 

Location

933 GA Hwy 208 (Ga Hwy 208 & Wesley Church Road)
Butler GA 31006

Stay in the know

Sign up for our newsletters

Contact

Conference Office

735 Pierce Avenue - Macon, GA 31204

PO Box 7227 - Macon, GA 31209

478-475-9286

Administrative Office

520 Professional Drive, Suite 1 - Macon, GA 31201

PO Box 13145 - Macon, GA 31208

478-738-0048 | 800-535-4224

Camping & Retreat Ministries

99 Arthur J. Moore Dr - St Simons Is., GA 31522

PO Box 20408 - St Simons Island, GA 31522

912-638-8626 | 888-266-7642

Contact us

Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.